Student Store, Learn How to Trade
***** Important Dates 重要活動日期 *****
4/26/2014 SDCA 志工服務日(週六早上) - 想參加請報名PTA
SDCA Clean Bay SD (Sat. morning) - RSVP PTA required
4/27/2014 預註冊 Pre-registration
學生商店 Student Store Bring your coupons to exchange for gifts!!!
5/4/2014 義工同樂會 Volunteer Appreciation Party
下學期期末考 Semester Final Exam
預註冊最後一天 Last day Pre-registration
5/18/2014 結業典禮 Closing/Graduation Ceremony,
謝師宴 Teachers’ Appreciation Dinner
***** School and Administration Office 校務、教務與註冊 *****
1. High School Essay Contest Scholarships deadline is 4/27/14, for details please see application here. Please contact Isabelle Yang with any questions. 高中徵文比賽獎學金: 4/27/14截止. 詳情請看這裡. 如有任何疑問請洽Isabelle Yang
2. Class Character Recognition Contest Congratulations to all winners and all who participated. Here is the winners list! 認字比賽得獎名單已出爐,恭喜大家!
3. Pre-registration. Please review the 2014-2015 Registration Notice & Online Registration FAQ. For the next school year, the Miscellaneous Fees increases to $50 and the Service Fee is $80. Tuition and other fees remain the same. Pre-registration starts on 4/13. In order to waive the registration fee, we have to receive your registration form and payment postmarked by 5/31. Please sign in to the SDCA Portal to begin your registration process. If you have forgotten your login details, use the links on the sign in page to look up your username or to reset your password. Please register online at home. At the end of the registration process, print out your registration form. Submit your form and payment to the office or mail them to us. Contact Registrar, Lesley for technical support or any registration questions. 預註冊已經開始，別等到最後一天唷。請參考2014-2015註冊須知與網上註冊常見問答集。下個學年的學雜費調整到五十元和義工代勞費改為八十元。學費與其他費用都不變。預註冊從4/13開始。若要免繳註冊費, 我們要在5/31收到您的註冊表與付款, 以郵戳為憑。請登入到學校門戶網站開始註冊。如果您忘了登入名稱與密碼, 用同一網頁的連結可以幫您查詢使用者名稱或重設密碼。請先在家網上註冊, 註冊程序的最後印出您的註冊表。將註冊表與支票交到辦公室或是郵寄給我們。有任何問題或需要協助請電郵到註冊組長 Lesley。
4. Chinese Adult Class Registration. Registration starts this Sunday. Please download the registration form. Submit the form with your payment to the office or mail to us. 成人班於本週日開始招生, 請下載報名表, 將報名表與學費交到辦公室或郵寄到學校.
5. Parents Survey: if you have not returned the parent survey, please take a few minutes to fill it out and return it in a sealed envelope to your room parents this week. We appreciate your feedback very much. This will help our school to improve. Thank you for your cooperation and support. 今年的家長問卷調查已發給學生們帶回家,懇請所有家長花幾分鐘的時間幫我們填這份問卷,填完後放在信封裡交給班爸班媽。沒有家長們的支持,學校就沒辦法成長,我們的大家庭需要大家一起來經營,謝謝您的支持與合作!
6. Huayu World video short film contest, for details please check out their website here. 僑委會舉辦「我最喜愛的漢字」有獎影片徴集活動, 詳情請看這裡.
**** PTA & Activities 家長會與活動 *****
1. SDCA Fun Service Day (4/26 Saturday) @ Torrey Pines State Beach. Have you ever been enjoying the beauty of a landscape only to have your experience ruined by the sight of trash on the ground or in the water? Let’s fix the problem with your children and friends together. SDCA PTA has teamed up with “I Love A Clean San Diego” and joined their 12th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup county-wide event. The event is from 9am till approximately noon, rain or shine. Our school adopted Torrey Pines State Beach. Parking will be free for all volunteers on that day. But the event has limited spots available for us and requires R.S.V.P. Please email PTA, your name, phone #, and how many want to join this event. Please bring your reusables (buckets, work gloves, canteen), if you have any. And also bring your waiver form. PTA will prepare drinks, snack, and extra waiver forms on that day. Please see here for event details and the side events including “Bling Your Bucket Contest”. 中華學苑快樂志工服務日(4/26)在Torrey Pines 州立海灘淨灘。SDCA老師、家長與朋友們，為了讓孩子們體會保護環境的重要, 本校加入了本縣一年一度的淨灘活動。本校今年認養了風景優美的Torrey Pines 州立海灘，很適合全家大小一起參加。活動時間為4/26早上九點起至中午，詳情請見活動細節(包括兒童垃圾桶裝飾比賽)。本活動不但免費，也提供義工朋友們免費的停車位，但義工名額有限，有意願的您請及早EMAIL回覆PTA，告訴我們打算參與的人數、姓名和電話! 您可以帶自己的垃圾桶、水壺、和工作手套，並請填好和帶來責任免除表。PTA當天也會準備簡單的飲料、點心和額外的責任免除表。言教不如身教，別錯過了這個極佳的義工機會唷！
2. Parents Ninja Workout Club (NWC) Can you believe this Sunday will be our last workout day for this school year? Come join us one last time and we will definitely return next school year. (p.s. Baseball team will play a practice game this Sunday to conclude this Season. Come join us!) 你相信本週將是健人就是腳勤活動這學年最後一次進行嗎? 快來加入我們最後一次的活動吧。我們下學年再見! (p.s. 棒球隊將進行一場友誼賽, 快來吧!)
3. Teacher’s Appreciation Dinner: We are selling Teacher’s Appreciation Dinner tickets right now. Ticket price is $30/adult & $20/student per ticket. This is a great chance to dine with your teachers and show your appreciation for their hard work this year. The party will take place at China Max Restaurant from 5:30 to 7:30 pm on 5/19 (after the Graduation Ceremony). To purchase tickets, please come to the Office. Parents of TA/spouse of teacher or staff/kids under 5 years old can get a discount of $5 off sale price. Please join us for a FUN night! Click here to view party details. 謝師晚宴售票中：我們現在開始銷售謝師晚宴的門票。門票價格為$30/成人票, $20/學生票。這是一個與孩子的老師一起用餐的機會，我們感謝他們一年來的辛勤工作。晚宴將於5/18日下午5:30到下午7:30（畢業典禮後）在富臨海鮮酒家舉行。購買門票請到辦公室。 助教的父母/教職員配偶/五歲以下的小孩可以有10美元的折扣。讓我們和老師們一起有一個快樂的夜晚! 請點擊晚宴細節。
4. Besides the delicious dinner for our teachers, the PTA and the Board of Directors want to thank all parents who donated gifts for the raffles at the party. If you like to donate any items, you may drop them off at the Office with our Office Volunteer this Sunday. Or you can email PTA at email@example.com. Thank you! 除了美味的晚餐招待我們的教師之外，PTA和理事會要感謝所有捐贈禮物給抽獎活動的家長們。如果你還想捐贈物品，你可以在這個星期天把禮物交給辦公室的值勤義工。或是和家長會連繫。謝謝你！
5. Award Prizes and Lost and Found Items Please come to the office at anytime between 1:45pm and 4:00pm to get your kids’ karaoke or read-a-thon award prizes or check the lost and found items. All unclaimed lost and found items will go to donation after 5/4. Thank you. 如果您的孩子還沒領取歌唱比賽或閱讀馬拉松獎品, 或是您要領取失物, 請於1:45到4:00到辦公室領取。無人招領的物品將於5/4日上課後捐獻給公益團體，謝謝!
6. Children’s Snack Store during 2nd recess. Your choice of snack plus a juice box for only $1. Students can stop by and get some treats. 兒童點心時間活動持續展開! 第二節下課時，我們將有好吃的小點心販賣活動，自選一樣點心加果汁只要一美元，歡迎您與您的孩子前來購買。
7. 5/4 Volunteers Appreciation Party with International Potluck, Music, and More: Details of this party will be on the blog soon. 5/4 義工同樂國際音樂餐會，細節將會在下週的blog通知，請別錯過這個party唷。
8. Need Volunteers: We’ll need more volunteers in this week’s fun student store. If you have time or you just need one more service to be eligible to get your service refund, please contact PTA. 呼叫義工: 我們需要更多的義工協助本週有趣的學生商店, 如果您有空或是還差一次服務就可以領義工退費, 請和PTA聯絡, 謝謝。
***** Scrip Sales, Publications, and Miscellaneous 禮券, 校刊, 與其他 *****
Another way to help earn $$$ for SDCA! Do you shop online on Amazon? Use your Amazon sign-in information to log into AmazonSmile and the Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to our school. Amazon Smile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same selection of products, prices, and shopping features as on Amazon.com.
How does AmazonSmile work? When first visiting AmazonSmile, you will be prompted to select a charitable organization -- select "San Diego Chinese Academy" from the drop-down menu. Then browse or shop just as you would on Amazon and help our school!
Here is the link to share with all your family and friends to help us earn more donation:. Happy shopping and thank you for your support.
***** Community and Parents Corner 社區大小事與家長園地 *****
1. 僑委會 2014 年美西地區臺灣美食廚藝巡迴講座 in San Diego, May 17-18, 2014,詳情請看這裡. Taiwan Chefs cooking demonstration in San Diego May 17-18, 2014, please see flyer here.
2. 列強侵華史實維護協會第十二屆年會, 二零―四年五月十七日, 星期六: 晚餐,年會報告, 趙譚美生主題演講及書展. 詳情請看這裡. APHAFIC (Assocation for Preserving Historical Accuracy of Foreign Invasions in China) annual meeting on May 17th, Saturday, 2014, with dinner and keynote speaker Ms. Betty Tom Chu, please see flyer here for detail.
4. Believe it or not… SCA-5 is not truly dead as many of us might think so. Please join us to support this new petition. 對華人極不公平的SCA-5法案還沒死呢!請加入這個新的請願。
5. 2014 Lawnmower Trade-in Event. (5/3 @ Qualcomm Stadium)
6. The 5th Annual Asian Cultural Festival 5/10 12pm-8pm.
8. Job Opportunity:
- Need someone who can Communicate with Mandarin speaking Technicians in Shanghai and also travel the USA (about 35% of the time) setting up customers with their new 3.2 meter, Super Wide, Banner Printer. Some heavy lifting for machinery assembly is required.
- Must speak Chinese (Mandarin) and speak Understandable English
- Must be fairly good with computers, company will train the rest.
- When not traveling, will be working at the San Diego location in Lemon Grove. $10/hour while in office, more when traveling.
- Call Jay Markoff (619) 742-4097, President of Masterpiecebanner.com